Monday, April 08, 2013

April 8, 2013

There's an awkward bay area off the livingroom in the house we're renting which has baffled me since we moved in.  I was so glad when we got our Christmas tree, because it filled the space up beautifully and I didn't have to think about it for a few months (yes, we left our Christmas tree up for months - didn't you?). 

Then last month we bought our first set of livingroom furniture since we were married, which is also only the second set I've ever bought, and only the 4th set of furniture I've lived with my ENTIRE life.  So it was kind of a big deal.  :)  We bought it used, so we got a good deal on it, which was a good thing since it can't be returned.  I learned something interesting through this experience...you really don't know how furniture is going to look in your space till you get it in your space.

What I learned about this set of furniture when I got it in my space was, it is huge.  This particular house is large enough to handle huge, but the rest of our furniture isn't...this set made our chairs and tables look like kiddie furniture.  :)  So we moved the couch into the rec room where the tv is, and moved the chair into that awkward bay area...which has transformed it into one of my favorite spaces in the house.



No comments: