Monday, May 02, 2011

More Signs of Spring


Birches are my favorite sort of tree, mostly because of their gorgeous bark. Finding a good-sized sheet of birch bark was a fun surprise on our hike yesterday. I think that's the beginning of a little burl attached to it, maybe?

Whatever it is, it makes a nice little conversation piece. Not that I know anyone who likes to talk about birch bark...but you never know. ;)











I was shocked to see what the moles did to our yard over the winter. I can't for the life of me figure out how it is even possible for them to dig in frozen ground.

They're starting to catch up to the status of squirrels in my opinion.












The weather was nice enough by the end of last week to get our little deck set up for the summer. I can't wait to hear the wind chimes through open windows.

No comments: