Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23, 2020

When we were moving from Colorado to North Carolina last summer,
we stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Missouri for dinner one evening.
Jed and I were looking around at all the stuff on the walls,
when I was flabbergasted to see this painting.
It looked like a lighter version of the painting on a table
my great aunt used to have, that now belongs to me.
I couldn't wait to get our stuff unloaded from the moving truck 
so I could compare this picture to my table.

It's a match!
I looked all over the internet but couldn't find any information on the painting,
so I contacted the Cracker Barrel in Missouri 
and the manager took a picture of a tag on the back of the painting.
I contacted their headquarters to see if I could talk to the person who purchased it for the restaurant.
A sweet receptionist tried to help but the person she put me through to never called me back,
though I left a couple of messages,
and I didn't want to keep bothering them.
That was last summer.
I'm thinking I'll try again this summer.
I've never cared that my mom might be the only person who reads this blog
because I started it for her and my dad...
but right now I wish I had a huge following so I might be able to reach someone
who knows something about this painting.

No comments: