Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25, 2019

It's a bit disappointing to be the only person who likes to get up early in a houseful of people who don't,
especially on Christmas morning.
However, this year I actually enjoyed some time alone before the busyness of the day started.

My favorite part is Jed handing out the gifts he bought, paid for, and wrapped.

My second favorite part is the Maine calendar we always get Dad...
I think he might have loved Maine as much as I did.

This was a neat surprise this year....
remember that errand I ran in Asheville last month with my neighbor?
It was to buy honey at a local store called Bee Charmer.
They have tupelo honey, made from tupelo trees, which grow 
"in swamps of the southeastern and Gulf of Mexico coasts and in the Mississippi River valley." 
(Wikipedia)
Tracy's favorite singer is Van Morrison, and one of his favorite songs is Tupelo Honey,
so I thought it would be fun to try some.
But what I'm really looking forward to is the cocoa honey!

Tracy had wanted to dress up as Gru this Halloween at work but couldn't find a Gru scarf in time, 
so I ordered one for him and now he'll be ready for it next year.  :)
I think this was his favorite gift.  :)

This little scene was on the table across from me late this morning when we were opening gifts,
and the sunshine was hitting it just right.

On second thought, Christmas dinner is actually my favorite part of Christmas.  :)

No comments: