Saturday, December 30, 2017

December 30, 2017

We hit the road to Charlotte yesterday to see the grands.  
Had our Christmas celebration with them this morning, and it was grand.  :)




I tried to make a gingerbread house with the kids but the icing wouldn't stick and the house kept collapsing.  
My honors-studio-art son took over and did a spectacular job, but his roof kept sliding off.  :)

My mom had made stuffing and sweet potato souffle for our Christmas dinner ahead of time and we brought it with us.  The stuffing took a really long time to cook and it was getting late, so when it was finally ready I put the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes and popped them in the oven to melt, but even that didn't happen quickly so I asked my daughter-in-law to turn the oven to broil.  I checked on them just a couple of minutes later and they were on fire.  Literally.  I screamed and immediately ran from the room, ala George Castanza, but with a better motive - I held the door closed so the kids couldn't come into the kitchen from the playroom upstairs.  It was a madhouse.  Thankfully my daughter-in-law has a good sense of humor.  We scraped the marshmallows off, put on another batch and posed for pictures.  :)

They survived, thanks to my quick thinking!

No comments: