Saturday, February 13, 2016

February 13, 2016 - Part 1

Tracy and I spent a beautiful day at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.
We started at the museum, reading about the geological features we were about to see.

I thought this view of the flags with the sun shining through them was going to be the best thing I saw today.
I was so wrong.
But first, the museum...


Colorado has the highest peak in the contiguous states.
Here's a fun fact: guess which state has had the highest amount of snowfall in 24 hours?
You can find out here.
If the suspense is killing you, you can skip to the last page and find the winner here.

Pikes Peak is in Colorado Springs...the history of it is really interesting.
You can read about it here.
I thought this bit of information about the writing of America the Beautiful was especially interesting.



What we were liable to see on the trail.

What we wanted to see on the trail.

No comments: