Thursday, December 24, 2015

December 24, 2015

My favorite hand-made gift this year has got to be this moose coat rack I made for Tracy.
He has been dying to hang a moose head on our wall ever since we moved to Maine.
There are way more hunters than moose so the state uses a lottery system to award hunting licenses.
Of course, winning the lottery only guarantees a chance to hunt - not a moose - 
and considering Tracy has entered the lottery every year since 2007, 
even winning the lottery doesn't appear to be a real possibility in this lifetime.
I decided to help things along by bagging two moose for our wall myself.
I mounted them on a pine board that had been layered with paint sticks stained varying lengths of time.
I messed up the pattern while I was gluing - it was supposed to be a little more random - 
but I'm still pretty happy with the way it turned out.


I included all these pictures because it is still amazing to me what a difference lighting makes!


No comments: