Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 31, 2015 - Part 1

It was a beautiful fall morning, and I took advantage of the warm(ish) temps and bright sunshine by slipping out early and running errands.  There isn't a Wal-Mart in Golden, so we drive to the town to our west, which is up into the mountains.  It's just 12 miles away, but it feels like going on vacation.



The town is aptly named Evergreen. 

After stops at Wal-Mart and Home Depot, I headed further up the mountain to look at a couple of houses we were considering as rentals before we moved.  Neither of them worked out and I was curious to see what we had missed out on.  Of course I didn't see inside the houses, but the neighborhoods were just as beautiful as I expected them to be.  I love all the pine trees!!  And this lake, right down the road, is pretty idyllic.  But it's so far from Tracy's work - it takes him literally 5 minutes to get to work and he comes home for lunch! - and we would have to drive everywhere.  We are all loving being in the middle of town and able to walk most everywhere we want to go.

We can always go to Wal-Mart for our mini-vacations.  :)

No comments: