Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

The design in the middle of this glass in our front door is transparent, so when we first moved in I put up window film and cut it in the shape of the design so no one would be able to stand at our front door at night and look in on us.  I think it's kind of crazy that people have windows in their doors!  Anyway, today I was in the hallway near this front door when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.  I was shocked to see a tiny bird perched on the bow of the wreath hanging on the door.  I was able to get close enough to see that she had stuff in her mouth and then watched her put it down.

That could only mean one thing....

...we have a bird building a nest in our wreath!  
I peeled back the window film and was treated to this wondrous little treasure.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this, because with this nest I can get a really good peek at the eggs and babies and we won't miss a thing like we did with nest in the climbing roses.

No comments: