Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 5, 2013 - Part 1

We went letterboxing today for the first time this year...in fact, for the first time in an entire year.
I had almost forgotten how fun it is, and what beautiful places we find because of it.
Like this view from Moe's Mountain, overlooking the China Lake area.

Atop the mountain which once was owned by Moe (also known as Lowell Frank Thomas), there is a tiny cemetery housing his, and only his, grave.  Tracy was quite shocked to find that he shared a birthday with Moe, and that, ironically enough, Moe died one month prior to his 50th birthday...which Tracy will be celebrating this year himself.  He's convinced it's an omen that we found this place at this time.  Now he's trying to convince me that I should be extra nice to him, just in case he's down to his last month on this earth.  :D
Oddly enough, the tree behind Moe's gravestone is full of beads.  
We still haven't discovered the rhyme or reason for that.
The letterbox was a sweet find, with three handcarved stamps completing the design. 

1 comment:

Paisley Gypsy said...

I found you! I was just thinking of you the other day. How are you all doing? Please drop me an email!