Saturday, June 04, 2011

Spring Update 1



It looks like I've gotten a bit behind again, doesn't it? I wish I could say it's because I've been on some fabulous vacation, but mostly it's because we've been working overtime to finish up our homeschool year.

That hasn't been as challenging as it might seem, seeing as how we've had mostly rainy, foggy, chilly, gloomy weather this spring. Not that I'm complaining, no sir! I know I'll be wishing for some cloudy, chilly weather soon enough when it's in the 90s and us without air conditioning.


About a month ago Jed participated in his first sanctioned racing event - FastCar 2011, hosted by First Baptist Church in Waldoboro. The speed trials involved up to 6 of your own Hot Wheels/Matchbox-type cars, with the fastest one entering the race.

There were several heats and Jed actually placed in a couple of them. Here he is pictured waiting for his final race, the one that would propel him into the finals.

Only it didn't. It was a short-lived career.

No comments: