Thursday, December 02, 2010

Try, Try Again


I just experienced the weirdest thing.

I was looking for a previous post I had written about transfer stations because I found this cool little toy at ours recently, and if you haven't read that original post you might not have any idea what transfer stations are or why I love them so much.

{Case in point - the entire back of my SUV is filled again with stuff to drop off - and it will be free to the recipients! Who doesn't love free stuff?}

However, skimming through a couple of years' worth of posts made me realize something.

I think I've gotten lazy. And that comes as quite a shock.

I'd like to say I've gotten busy, but I'm not sure that's it.


It is apparent that I used to try to be witty, or at least entertaining, in my writing. Lately I've settled for posting a few pictures and calling it good, with the excuse that I'm only doing this blog for my parents and other family members and friends that might be interested in knowing what we're doing, and not folks looking to be rhapsodized. (is that a word? if it's not, it should be)

A picture's worth a thousand words, right?

Perhaps that depends on the photographer. :)

At any rate, writing a bit more thoughtfully is my first New Year's resolution. And I think I'll tackle Project 365 again next year...taking and posting at least one picture every day for the year. It was challenging to look for photograph subjects each day...but looking back at my blog, I think it was a good thing. I know I captured more of the little details of our life by doing so.

If that's not scintillating enough for the readers of this humble little blog, I don't know what would be. :D

No comments: