Monday, December 02, 2013

October 21, 2013 - Part 1

I've put this post off for a long time because I knew it was going to take a while to get it ready.  This was a glorious day spent on Islesboro, off the coast of Lincolnville in midcoast Maine, and I took almost 800 pictures - and almost every one of them was beautiful, not because of my (lacking) photography skills but because the place was just so exquisite and the day absolutely perfect.

It started with an early morning ferry ride from Lincolnville.  This was the first time I've ever driven a car onto a ferry, and it was Jed's first time in a car on a ferry.   When I was a kid we used to take the ferry across the James River in Virginia sometimes and it was always an adventure, and this time was just as fun.

We got out of the car before the ferry even left the dock and started taking pictures.

This picture, and the next few, were taken of the shore we were about to leave behind.




This lobster boat was sitting at an angle to have Islesboro, our destination for the day, in the background.

No comments: