Thursday, September 03, 2020

September 3, 2020

We had quite an exciting evening around here.
Jed went to the refrigerator to get a glass of milk,
and just out of the corner of his eye,
he saw the head of a snake duck back under the fridge as he stepped towards it.
His dad was due home soon,
and I stationed Jed on the floor across from the fridge to make sure the snake didn't escape
while we waited.
  Sure enough, the snake poked his head out several times and watched Jed.
Meanwhile, I looked up the description online and determined it was a rat snake.
They're harmless, but I wasn't about to coexist with it in my house.
When Tracy got home,
he fashioned a loop of twine onto a long pole
we pulled the fridge out
and he caught it!
He estimated it to be 2-3 feet long.
Sadly I was too freaked out to take any pictures.  :)

No comments: