Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24, 2020

I was at an oil change place this morning as soon as it opened,
and got the fastest oil change and vehicle inspection of all time!
As an added bonus, 
no one came to me holding an air filter
or an oil filter
or any other unknown-to-me car part
and trying to sell me a replacement - 
that's huge!
As if all that wasn't enough,
I also got a free car wash to boot!
It was a good one too, where a person gives the car a good scrubbing first
before sending it through the automatic wash.
The automatic wash is where I ran into trouble.
Water started pouring down from the roof,
onto the passenger seat
and onto my lap.
I was so flabbergasted I just let it pour.
I had no towels in the car -
what else could I do?
It turned into a good thing, though,
as it precipitated me getting out all the car cleaning products I bought 2 years ago
and finally using them, with Jed's help.
We
vacuumed
dusted
washed windows
cleaned upholstery
sprayed tires
and
moisturized plastic molding.
That last part was my favorite - 
it's amazing how much better the rear bumper looks!!
The whole car looks great,
and Jed's help almost makes up for him not completely closing the moon roof
the last time he was messing with it.
Almost.

No comments: